Minor in Greek Civilization
This minor offers an introduction to the Greek-speaking cultures of antiquity and the middle ages.
Program Requirements and Policies
- Six courses are required to complete the minor.
- No more than two of these courses may be used for any other degree requirement.
- Students planning a minor in Greek Civilization should declare a proposed minor as early as possible.
The Minor in Greek Civilization consists of six courses distributed as follows:
- Classics 31: Invitation to Ancient Greek
- Classics 37: History of Ancient Greece
- Four other courses from the department selected in consultation with a faculty member, two of which must be at the 100 level. Students are encouraged to take Greek language courses; only Greek 3 and higher, however, can be used to fulfill the requirements of the minor.