- Department of Classical Studies
Minor in Roman Archaeology
This minor offers an introduction to the material culture of ancient Rome and its empire.
Program Requirements and Policies
- Five courses are required to complete the minor.
- No more than two of these courses may be used for any other degree requirement.
- Students planning a minor in Roman Archaeology should declare a proposed minor as early as possible.
5 courses required:
The Minor in Roman Archaeology consists of five courses distributed as follows:
- Classics 27: Introduction to Classical Archaeology
- Classics 38: History of Ancient Rome
- Classics 32: Roman Literature: Texts and Contexts*
- Classics 167: Tyrrhenian Archaeology*
- Classics 168: Roman Art and Archaeology
*Seminar courses in Roman History (CLS 185/186) or Roman Archaeology (CLS 187/188) may be substituted for CLS 32 and/or CLS 167.