Minor in Roman Civilization
This minor offers an introduction to the literature, history, and material culture of the Romans.
Program Requirements and Policies
- Six courses are required to complete the minor.
- No more than two of these courses may be used for any other degree requirement.
- Students planning a minor in Roman Civilization should declare a proposed minor as early as possible.
The Minor in Roman Civilization consists of six courses distributed as follows:
- Classics 32: Roman Literature: Texts and Contexts
- Classics 38: History of Ancient Rome
- Four other courses from the department selected in consultation with a faculty member, two of which must be at the 100 level. Students are encouraged to take Latin language courses; only Latin 3 and higher, however, can be used to fulfill the requirements of the minor.