Graduates of this program will be able to demonstrate the following areas of knowledge:
- Define and solve complex data-based problems using appropriate statistical methodologies analyses
- Select appropriate statistical and predictive methodologies with both sparse and large data sets
- Provide appropriate theoretical interpretation of these results based on discipline-related concepts
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills for conclusions drawn from the analyses of data
- Create effective visual representations to increase the understanding and utilization of complex data
- Maintain collaborative team relationships to effectively contribute to a shared project
- Have functional programming skills in a data-related language
The MS in Data Analytics is designed to develop flexible leaders with advanced data skills. When done, you’ll be able to apply in-depth knowledge of statistics, probability, and data analytics across a broad range of fields. Most students finish the master’s program in two years, but it can be completed in one with accelerated study. Full-and part-time study available.
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences offers Tufts undergraduates the option to complete their bachelor’s degree and master’s in Data Analytics together. The program allows students to finish the 120 credit-hour undergraduate degree and 30 credit-hour master's degree typically within five years.
The four course Certificate in Data Analytics provides an avenue for students who wish to earn a credential in data analytics, but who may not need or be ready to commit to a master’s program.
In addition to our Certificate in Data Analytics, Tufts also offers certificates in related fields such as Spatial Data Analytics, GIS, and Program and Organizational Evaluation.