MS in Data Analytics
Data analytics is a fast-growing field and often the key to business strategy and the solution to complex questions. Data analysts are sought after in nearly every field. In fact, in a recent study IBM predicts that by 2020 demand for data professionals will increase by 364,000 job openings to 2,720,000.
The interdisciplinary Master of Science in Data Analytics is guided by an advisory board of professionals in the field, who help ensure the program provides rigorous courses in the analytical skills that are sought after across the arts, humanities, and sciences as well as within the business community.
The program is offered on both a full-time or part-time schedule for working professionals who are looking to build expertise in the field of data analytics. Most students complete the program in two years, but it can be completed in one year with accelerated study.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to demonstrate the following areas of knowledge:
- Define and solve complex data-based problems using appropriate statistical methodologies analyses
- Select appropriate statistical and predictive methodologies with both sparse and large data sets
- Provide appropriate theoretical interpretation of these results based on discipline-related concepts
- Demonstrate written oral communications skills for conclusions drawn from the analyses of data
- Create visual representations to increase understanding and utilization of complex data
- Maintain collaborative team relationships to effectively contribute to a shared project
- Have functional programming skills in data-related language