Admissions - STEM Education
Tuition and Associated Costs
M.S. tuition is billed in the first year only and is inclusive of courses taken during the summer terms prior to the academic year, and the summer following the academic year. The Department of Education provides full-time Ph.D. students with full tuition scholarships. For more information about the M.S. tuition and part-time Ph.D. cost and associated fees (Student Activity Fee, Health Insurance and Fee) please see the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Tuition and Aid site.
Tuition costs do not include room and board and living expenses. For information regarding on-campus and off-campus housing please visit the GSAS website.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education Research Assistantships
Some research projects and centers have research assistantships available for STEM Education M.S. and Ph.D. students. The positions typically involve twenty hours a week of research-related activity during the academic year. Occasionally, an increased workload can be negotiated for the summer months.
Prospective students can apply to the STEM Education M.S. or Ph.D. program through the Office of Graduate Admissions online portal. Recent Tufts alumni may be eligible for the TuftsPlus program, a streamlined application process.
Review the GSAS Admissions page for M.S. and Ph.D. application deadlines.
- Online Application for Admission through Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
- College Transcripts: One official copy of each of your college transcripts
- Official GREs: Tufts University GRE code is 3901. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on the availability of standardized testing, test scores will be optional for students applying to these programs for Fall 2021 admissions.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Collectively the letters should address your capacity to accomplish graduate-level studies.
- Personal Statement: Tell us about what motivates you to study STEM Education at Tufts. We are hoping for a reflection about your experiences and personal objectives, 1500-2500 words.
- Application Fee
- Financial Aid Application: If you are applying for financial assistance and/or a Tufts University Department-based scholarship, be sure to complete the following two steps: