Admissions - Museum Education
Information below refers to the Masters of Arts in Museum Education program. For more information about applying to the Graduate Certificate program in Museum Studies please visit the Museum Studies website.
Most of the museum education candidates accepted into the program have related museum experience (work, internships, or volunteer) or experience teaching in informal learning environments.
Prospective students can apply to the Museum Education M.A. program through the Office of Graduate Admissions online portal. Recent Tufts alumni may be eligible for the TuftsPlus program, a streamlined application process.
Review the GSAS Admissions page for application deadlines.
- Online Application for Admission through Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
- College Transcripts: One official copy of each of your college transcripts
- Official GREs: Tufts University GRE code is 3901. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on the availability of standardized testing, test scores will be optional for students applying to this program for Fall 2021 admissions.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement: Elaborate on your reasons for wishing to pursue graduate study at Tufts and your vision of becoming museum educator. Your personal statement should be a maximum of 2,500 words and single-spaced. Describe experiences, including inspiring individuals or events that motivated you to take this path.
- Application Fee
- Financial Aid Application: If you are applying for financial assistance and/or a Tufts University Department-based scholarship, be sure to complete the following two steps:
Tuition and Associated Costs
Tuition for the two-year M.A. degree is billed in the first year only. For more information about the program's cost and associate fees (Student Activity Fee, Health Insurance and Fee) please visit the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Tuition and Aid site.
Tuition costs do not include room and board, living expenses are additional. For information regarding on-campus housing and off-campus housing visit the GSAS Housing site.