Online M.A.T. Programs
The Master of Arts in Teaching in Elementary STEM will be offered completely online beginning in May 2020. Candidates interested in pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching in Middle School Mathematics or General Science, will also have the option to complete the program completely online beginning in May 2020. Graduates from these programs will be qualified for licensure in the state of Massachusetts.
Candidates who complete their M.A.T. online will experience the same coursework as our on-campus M.A.T. candidates and will work with the same faculty as their on-campus peers.
Online M.A.T. Program Highlights:
- Candidates will become part of a learning community at a top ranked university without relocating to the Boston area.
- Candidates will participate in weekly, live online course meetings to interact with faculty and peers in real-time.
- Candidates will attend two, 3-day on-campus residencies, where online students come together with faculty and classmates to prepare for upcoming course and practicum work.
- Candidates will complete an 8-month placement in a school to do deep, immersive classroom-based learning and practicum work. Placement occurs concurrently with coursework.
- Candidates will be eligible for licensure in the state of Massachusetts.
The first cohort will begin May 11, 2020. Learn more about our online M.A.T. programs.