Media Center and Equipment Lending
The Media Center provides technology, equipment and resources to facilitate the work done by faculty and students. The center, available to all members of the department, including students who are taking a class that is either listed or cross-listed in Education, is equipped with 6 computers (5 Macs and 1 PC). Installed software includes Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat Pro, End Note, Google Chrome, Mathematica, MATLAB, Medeley Desktop, Microsoft Suite, RStudio, Safari, SPSS, STATA, Tableau Public, VLC, Xcode, and Zotero. Tutorials on video production, web design, and creating e-portfolios are also hosted through the Media Center.
Virtual Software Access
TTS VDI: https://vdi.it.tufts.edu/
- 24/7 remote access to many applications without the need to install software on your computer.
- Includes university-licensed software from Eaton Lab, the Virtual Engineering Computing Lab, and virtual desktops for Veterinary and Dental School Clinical Services
- Accessible from most desktop and laptop computers via an online virtual Windows 10 desktop interface
- Files and data that you create in the Virtual Lab are exportable to your computer
TTS Remote Lab (Adobe): https://remotelab.it.tufts.edu/
Adobe products can be utilized here (as well as other TTS Software)
Computers and Audiovisual Equipment Available for Lending
The department provides students, faculty and staff with a selection of high-quality technology resources to assist with academic work.
Please keep in mind that when you check out the equipment from the office, you are responsible for the safety and care of that equipment, including all parts and pieces that belong to it.
Equipment Lending Procedure
In order to facilitate proper usage, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- All equipment is to be checked out of the main Department of Education office in Paige Hall during regular office hours (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday). Please plan ahead to ensure equipment is available, and make an appointment. Contact Michelle Falcón at email@example.com or 617-627-3244. Please fill out the Education Equipment Borrowing Agreement and bring with you at time of check out.
- All equipment must be returned within 3 business days.
- Sony Bluetooth Wireless Microphone for Pocket Camcorders
- Sony Wired Shotgun Microphone for Pocket Camcorders
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Cameras
- Zoom Pocket Video Cameras
- 13-inch Macbook Air Computers
- LCD Projectors
- Olympus Digital Voice Field Recorders
- Canon PowerShot Digital Still Cameras
- USB Transcription Pedals