Media Center and Equipment Lending
The Media Center provides technology, equipment and resources to facilitate the work done by faculty and students. The center, available to all members of the department, including students who are taking a class that is either listed or cross-listed in Education, is equipped with 6 computers (5 Macs and 1 PC). Installed software includes data analysis tools as well as Adobe Design tools, Final Cut Pro for video editing, and InqScribe for video transcription. Tutorials on video production, web design, and creating e-portfolios are also hosted through the Media Center.
Computers and Audiovisual Equipment Available for Lending
The department provides students, faculty and staff with a selection of high-quality technology resources to assist with academic work.
Please keep in mind that when you check out the equipment from the office, you are responsible for the safety and care of that equipment, including all parts and pieces that belong to it.
Equipment Lending Procedure
In order to facilitate proper usage, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- All equipment is to be checked out of the main Department of Education office in Paige Hall during regular office hours (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday). Please plan ahead to ensure equipment is available, and make an appointment. Contact the Education staff at email@example.com or 617-627-3244. Please fill out the Education Equipment Borrowing Agreement and bring with you at time of check out.
- All equipment must be returned within 3 business days.
- Sony Bluetooth Wireless Microphone for Pocket Camcorders
- Sony Wired Shotgun Microphone for Pocket Camcorders
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Cameras
- Zoom Pocket Video Cameras
- 13-inch Macbook Air Computers
- LCD Projectors
- Olympus Digital Voice Field Recorders
- Canon PowerShot Digital Still Cameras
- USB Transcription Pedals