Child Development Association
Faculty Advisor: Chip Gidney
CDA Description/Mission Statement
The Child Development Association is a community of undergraduate students that exists to support all Tufts students as they engage with the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development. The CDA plans events and programs and creates resources intended to help Eliot-Pearson students and faculty and to bring people together through a common interest in and passion for child development.
- Helping students find their way to EP
- Helping students navigate the CSHD major
- Providing a link between students and faculty
- Creating an Eliot-Pearson community
- Providing service and promoting information about children's issues
- Increasing awareness at Tufts of the many paths one can take with a degree in CSHD
Examples of Past Events:
- Pancakes with Professors - annual dinner to get to know the Eliot-Pearson faculty
- Course Advising - guidance during course registration period
- Film Screenings - screenings of relevant films followed by discussion with experts in the field
- Financial/Graduate School Discussion - discussions with faculty members about future plans
- Annual Giving Project - our way to give back to the local community by donating goods, raising awareness, and promoting stewardship
Graduate Student Association
Faculty Advisor: George Scarlett
GSA Description/Mission Statement
The Graduate Student Association is a community of graduate students that exists to support all students in master’s and doctoral degree programs across Tufts as they engage with the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development. The GSA plans events and programs and creates resources intended to help Eliot-Pearson students and faculty and to bring people together through a common interest in and passion for child development.
Doctoral Student Voice (DSV) Mission Statement
The primary mission of the DSV is to provide a formalized organization that promotes a cohesive community for Eliot-Pearson doctoral students, by providing opportunities for both social and professional engagement.