As a student, courses in your first year will build upon your prerequisite knowledge. It is important that you feel competent with the following content areas when you begin the program.
If you have any questions on whether a course you have taken (or plan to take) will fulfill a particular requirement, contact Jill Rocca in admissions. Please include the course title and description for approval.
- Prerequisites must be completed within 5 years of completing your degree or 5 years post taking the course if you took it as a stand-alone course. For example, if you took Human Development your freshman year in college, the course is still valid for 5 years from the date of your graduation.
- Courses need to be completed prior to enrollment, but not necessarily prior to application. Applicants may take courses during the application year.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be accepting online and hybrid credit as well as on-site credit for the 2021 admission cycle. All online or hybrid classes must be taken at an accredited school or university. Please contact Jill Rocca if you have any questions.
- All prerequisites must be passed with a grade of B- or above.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed at an accredited college or university. We do not have a policy prohibiting applicants from taking prerequisite courses at community colleges, although, in general, an application will be more competitive if the prerequisite courses are taken in a traditional classroom format at a selective four-year school..
- We do not accept AP credit to meet prerequisite requirements.