As a student, courses in your first year will build upon your prerequisite knowledge. It is important that you feel competent with the following content areas when you begin the program.
If you have any questions on whether a course you have taken (or plan to take) will fulfill a particular requirement, contact Jill Rocca in admissions. Please include the course title and description for approval.
- Prerequisites must be completed within 5 years of completing your degree or 5 years post taking the course if you took it as a stand-alone course. For example, if you took Human Development your freshman year in college, the course is still valid for 5 years from the date of your graduation.
- Courses need to be completed prior to enrollment, but not necessarily prior to application. Applicants may take courses during the application year.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Tufts University Department of Occupational Therapy will continue to accept on-line pre-requisite courses through June 2022. After this date, the Department will only accept in-person pre-requisite courses. Please contact Jill Rocca if you have any questions.
- All prerequisites must be passed with a grade of B- or above.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed at an accredited college or university. We do not have a policy prohibiting applicants from taking prerequisite courses at community colleges, although, in general, an application will be more competitive if the prerequisite courses are taken in a traditional classroom format at a selective four-year school..
- We do not accept AP credit to meet prerequisite requirements.