Visiting and Early Research Scholars’ Experiences Program (VERSE)
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences is committed to developing programs that will enhance the educational experiences of underrepresented, undergraduate students. VERSE creates a cohort of underrepresented students through focused, culturally-competent mentoring. These students participate in a 10-week summer research immersion experience.
The goal of this program is three-fold:
- to enable students to connect to faculty mentors with active research labs and projects;
- to gain valuable hands-on training that will build confidence in conducting future independent research; and
- to inspire students to pursue doctoral studies at Tufts and envision research careers.
Each summer VERSE enrolls underrepresented, undergraduate students who:
- are paired with a faculty mentor, designated postdoctoral associate, or advanced graduate student during the program;
- develop valuable research skills, participate in team meetings and engage in research projects designed for them; and
- participate in professional development and social events throughout the summer.
Students receive a scholarship that provides a summer stipend, meal plan, and on-campus summer housing.
For more information about VERSE see our brochure or contact Jackie Dejean with your questions.