Schools Where Our Postbacs Have Matriculated
Over the past ten years, graduates of the Tufts Postbac program have gone on to more than 50 different health professions schools across the country. Some of the medical schools include:
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School
- Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Dartmouth College Geisel School of Medicine
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Emory School of Medicine
- Harvard Medical School
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Medical College of Georgia
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Quinnipiac University School of Medicine
- St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- University of California, San Diego School of Medicine
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Weill Cornell Medical College
- Yale School of Medicine
We are pleased to be able to support students interested in a variety of health professions. Tufts Postbacs matriculate annually into our own health professions graduate programs including the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, the Tufts Physician Assistant Program and more. In recent years, we have also had Postbacs go on to Harvard School of Dental Medicine, MGH Institute for Health Professions advanced nurse practitioner program, Emory University Physician Assistant Program, and New England College of Optometry, among many others.
Over the past ten years, 71% of students who completed the Postbac Premed Program applied to to medical school, 10% applied to dental school, 7% applied to veterinary school, 6% applied to nursing programs, 4% applied to PA programs, and less than 1% applied to optometry school, podiatry school and public health programs.
The overall acceptance rate to all health professions school over the past ten years is 96%.
Outcomes by Health Profession
The acceptance rate to medical school (both allopathic and osteopathic medical schools) is 96%. Out of the 96% of students admitted to medical school, 6% went to osteopathic schools, and all of these matriculated at UNECOM. Thirty-one percent of all students matriculated at Tufts School of Medicine.
The acceptance rate to dental school is 91%. Sixty-seven percent of admitted students matriculated at Tufts School of Dental Medicine.
The acceptance rate to schools of veterinary medicine is 100%. Fifty percent of these students matriculated at Tufts School of Veterinary Medicine.
The acceptance rate to nursing programs is 100%.
The acceptance rate to physician assistant programs is 88%.
1 student who completed the program applied to schools of optometry and was admitted.
1 student who completed the program applied to schools of podiatry and was admitted.
1 student who completed the program applied to schools of public health and was admitted.