BA in Community Health
Program Requirements and Policies
- Community Health majors are required to completed 12 courses.
- No course submitted for credit in the major can be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- All courses submitted for credit in the major must be passed with a C- or better, with the exception of the internship. The internship (CH 140) must be passed with a B- or better.
Seven (7) core courses
- Introduction to Community Health (CH 1)
- Introduction to the US Healthcare System (CH 2)
- Introduction to Global Health (CH 11)
- Community Health Methods (CH 30)
- Introductory Statistics (CH 36 or approved alternative)
- Principles of Epidemiology (CH 34)
- Community Health Internship (CH 140)
*Students must successfully complete CH1, CH2, CH30 and CH31/CH36 prior to the internship. Open to second semester juniors and to all seniors.
Five (5) elective courses (must complete a total of 5 courses)
CH majors are required to select and complete five electives as follows.
- One Intermediate or Advanced Seminar in Community Health (select from groups #1 or #2)
- One Advanced Seminar in Community Health (select from group #2)
- Two CH courses or approved electives from another department (select from groups #1-4)
- One Advanced Seminar (select from group #4)