Minor in Religion
Program Requirements and Policies
- Five courses are required for the Minor in Religion.
- No more than two course credits used toward the minor may be used toward foundation, distribution, major, or other minor requirements.
- If you have more than one major, please see the Bulletin for rules on double-counting courses.
- Students must take REL 99: Theory and Method in the Study of Religion. We recommend that students take at least two other courses in religion prior to enrolling in this course.
- Diversity requirement (three courses): Students should have exposure to at least three different religious traditions. This may be accomplished through classes in which three different traditions are taught, or through three courses, each focused on a different religious tradition, or through some combination thereof. The adviser and the chair of the Department of Religion must approve the courses taken to fulfill this requirement.
- One additional course numbered above 100. This course may not be counted as one of the three courses of the above requirement.