Minor in Sociology
Program Requirements and Policies
- Six courses and 18 semester hour units (SHUs) in Sociology are required to complete the minor as outlined below.
- All courses and semester hour units used in fulfillment of the minor must be taken for a letter grade (not pass/fail). Grades below C- will not be counted.
- Transfer courses are limited to two courses and six semester hour units, and Advanced Placement credits may not be used toward a minor.
- Students are encouraged to declare their minor by junior year.
Courses for the minor must include:
- Sociology 001: Introduction to Sociology
- One research methods course (SOC 100: Research Design and Interpretation or SOC 101: Quantitative Research Methods or SOC 102: Qualitative Research Methods)
- Sociology 103: Sociological Theory
- Three Sociology elective courses