The Office of Sustainability and Tufts Recycles! work with Environmental Studies students on campus-based activities. OOS focuses on developing leadership skills in students who come with a passion for the environment and they foster awareness and knowledge among the general student body.
Tufts Recycles! is a program in the Facilities Department that works closely with the Tufts recycling and waste contractors to ensure that recycling at Tufts reaches its fullest potential. Tufts Recycles! frequently offers ENVS students the opportunity to intern on semester-long recycling projects on campus, often in collaboration with other students.
In addition to working with OOS and Tufts Recycles!, students can join one of the existing student groups or create a new group when they believe that an important environmental or campus issue is not being addressed. Below is a list of environmentally-related student groups currently on campus:
The Tufts Eco-Reps are a group of paid residential students that work in collaboration with the Office of Sustainability to help raise awareness about ecological issues, encourage environmentally responsible behavior in their hall-mates and peers, and plan related events and activities.
- Tufts Recycles!
- Students for Environmental Awareness
- SEA’s mission is to create a community of passionate students who care deeply about the environment and who are dedicated to creating a more sustainable campus and world through education and mobilization. Contact them on Facebook or through email at email@example.com to learn more.
- Tufts Food Rescue Collaborative
- The TFRC is a partnership between Tufts Dining, staff/faculty, students and Food For Free to minimize food waste at Tufts while at the same time addressing food insecurity in the local host community.
- Tufts Mountain Club (TMC)
- Tufts University Engineers without Borders
- A student group that works on sustainable engineering projects in developing countries.
- Tufts Bikes
- Tufts New Economy
- Tufts Energy Group
- A student group that focuses on engaging and educating the Tufts community about energy issues.