Annual Undergraduate Environmental Photo Contest
The Tufts Environmental Studies Program supports an annual Undergraduate Environmental Photo Contest, and has done so for over a decade. The Top 3 photos are awarded prizes, and 10 of the submitted photos are celebrated and hung on the second floor of Barnum Hall. The contest begins accepting submissions in the spring for that academic year. This year, the submission deadline is February 26, 2023, you can submit your application with this link: go.tufts.edu/ENVSphotosubmit. Please see the contest guidelines and submission material requirements below.
Contest Details and Guidelines
- The contest is open to all Tufts undergraduate students.
- All application materials must be submitted using the Qualtrics form linked below by the application deadline.
- Each student can submit up to 5 photos but is only eligible to win one prize.
- All submitted photos must have been taken by the student submitting them.
- Submissions should not include photos of the photographer's own art media, such as paintings, drawings, etc.
- Winners will be decided by a panel of faculty, staff, and student judges.
- If these guidelines are not followed, photos may be disqualified at the discretion of the judges.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st Place ($150), 2nd Place ($100), and 3rd Place ($50) as a gift card to the award winner's chosen retailer.
- Ten photos from the contest will also be displayed on the Tufts Medford Campus academic year following the contest.
- All photo submissions will be posted on the Environmental Studies' Flickr account. Some may be used by the Environmental Studies Program in their print publications, websites, or for other Tufts-related purposes.
Use this online survey to submit your application materials by Feb. 26, 2023. A complete application must include:
- Up to 5 photo files. The size of each file must be min. 300 dpi and saved as a .jpeg, .png, or .tiff format.
- A brief description (1-5 sentences) for each images, which may contain details such as where the photo was taken, the names of any individuals in the photo, and other impactful details about the piece.
- A signed Environmental Photo Contest Release Form
- If there are people other than you in a photo, you must submit a Photo Subject Release Form for each person in the photo. If the subject is under the age of 18, their parent/guardian must sign the form.
Questions can be emailed to the Environmental Studies Program team at email@example.com or by calling 617-627-3553.