Program Highlights - 2020-2021
ENVS Assistant Director Sara Gomez receives a Tufts Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice Award, March 2021.
Congratulations to the 2021 Nancy W. Anderson Award for Environmental Sustainability recipient Christine Lee.
Congratulations to the 2021 Norton Nickerson Endowed Internship recipient Sophomore David Jiang, who will be working with the Town of Carlisle's Master Plan Steering Committee.
Congratulations to the 2021 Terry and Farmanfarmaian Summer Scholarship recipient junior Ava Dimond who will be doing research under Dr. Penn Loh's mentorship, on a project entitled "Decommodifying Housing as Resilience: Combating Climate Gentrification in Miami, Florida".
Congratulations to the 2021 Terry and Farmanfarmaian Summer Internship recipient junior Brenna Trollinger, who will be working at Greater Grove Hall Main Streets.
Congratulations to senior Bella Kiser for receiving a Tufts Alumni Association Senior Award.
Congratulations to senior Mikaela Lessnau for receiving a Tisch Undergraduate Research Award.
Congratulation to the following ENVS students for receiving Academic Awards:
- Kareal Amenumey (Sr) – DEIJ Service Award
- Jenna Clark (Sr) – Class of 1942 Prize Scholarship
- Shannon Cloherty (Jr) – Alpha Xi delta Prize Scholarship
- Aidan Demsky (Sr) – Ivan Galantic Special Achievement in Humanities Prize
- Christine Lee (Sr) – Nancy W. Anderson Award for Environmental Sustainability
- Rose Malanga (Jr) – Robert L. Nichols Scholarship Prize
- Temple Miller-Hodgkin (Jr) – Robert Asch Award
- Taite Pierson (Sr) – Goddard Rhetorical Prize AND Charles F. Seymour, Jr Prize
- Layla Sastry (So) – Phyllis Karno Dean's Award for Leadership and Academic Excellence
- Eliot Stein (Sr) – James Hume Field Geology Prize
- Catie Urquhart (Jr) – Frederick M and Dorie Ellis Prize
- Michael Wilkinson (Sr) – Donald A. Cowdery Memorial Scholarship
- Anderson Zuo (Sr) – Class of 1898 Prize
Dr. Kevin Cody wins Green Fund award for Tufts Hydroponics Collaboration.
Remembering Prof. Jonathan Kenny who passed away on Dec 9, 2020.
Congratulations to the 2020-2021 ENVS Executive Committee Student Representatives, Taite Pierson and Michael Wilkinson.
Winners of the 10th ENVS Environmental Photocontest:
- 1st place: Jen Frye (A'22), International Relations and Spanish
- 2nd place: Calisa Sana (A'24), Fine Arts and Engineering Psychology
- 3rd place: Robyn Brown (A'21), Environmental Studies and Architectural Studies
Congratulations to Elyssa Annesser (A'20) for receiving the 2021 Tufts Presidential Award for Civic Life.