- Department of the History of Art and Architecture
Minor in History of Art and Architecture
A minor in the History of Art and Architecture is a great way to complement your studies. It broadens your mind and provides a good insight into the importance of images and the history of ideas they transport.
Program Requirements and Policies
- This minor requires total of five courses of three semester hour units (SHUs) each, which includes at least one courses taken at the 100 level.
- Three of the five courses must be taken at Tufts, including the 100 level course(s).
- All courses used in fulfillment of a minor must be taken for a letter grade (not pass/fail).
- No more than two courses used for any minor, regardless of the number of semester hours they carry, may be used toward a foundation or distribution requirement, or toward a major or another minor.
For the minor requirements to be met, you must take the following courses:
- one introductory course in history of art and architecture
- two other courses in history of art and architecture, with at least one courses taken at the 100 level
- two electives - may be approved courses in a related field (e.g. history, literature, studio art.)
Each student will work with their faculty advisor to plan out their course of study in detail.