Certificate in Spatial Data Analytics
The Certificate in Spatial Data Analytics focuses on spatial statistical analysis, modeling, and visualization and is complimentary to broader data science applications. It includes advanced coding and statistical methods. The certificate can be completed in 3 to 4 semesters and courses are offered in a flexible format, including in the evenings, weekends, and online, making the program accessible to working professionals. As a student in the program, you’ll also have access to Tufts’ Data Labs, full-service computing labs dedicated to geospatial technology, statistics, and data science which serve as a hub for GIS activities at Tufts and are designed to foster collaboration and innovation.
The certificate requires twelve credits. Most courses are three credits.
Prerequisites: Intro to Statistics
Three required courses (9 credits):
- Introduction to GIS or approved intro GIS Course equivalent
- Advanced Spatial Modeling
- Spatial Programming with Python
One elective from the following (3 credits):
- Intro to Remote Sensing
- Spatial Statistics
- Interactive Web Mapping
- Data Analytics/Data Science elective courses
- Approved advanced statistical or quantitative methods course
- Thesis or capstone with core spatial methods pending approval of GIS program coordinator
- Other courses may be approved by the coordinator if they have a core spatial or data science component.
For additional information about this certificate, please contact Sumeeta Srinivasan.