BA in Greek
The Greek major focuses on the Greek-speaking cultures of antiquity and the middle ages. It requires 10 courses of at least 30 semester hours.
Specific Requirements (7 courses total)
- Six Greek courses beyond GRK 3, including at least 3 at 100 level.
- One course in Greek history, either in Greek or in English, normally CLS 37.
General Requirements and Recommendations, Including Double-counting
- At least four 100-level courses, which will include courses taken to satisfy the specific requirements.
- As many other courses as are necessary to reach 10 courses and 30 semester hours. These may be in English (CLS listings) or in Greek beyond GRK 3, or in Latin, Sanskrit, or other ancient languages at any level. They may also include up to 2 courses in related fields given in English. The department must approve any related fields courses.
- It is recommended that students take the Greek literature survey courses, GRK 131 or CLS 31.
- It is recommended that students take at least one comparative course (as described under the “Ancient World Studies” major).