Minor in Ancient World Studies
This interdisciplinary minor explores the range of human experiences in the ancient world.
- At least five courses adding up to at least 15 semester hours are required to complete the minor.
- At least three courses must be developed as a coherent core in consultation with the student's Ancient World Studies minor advisor.
- One course in Ancient Literature, either in English (CLS listings) or in the original languages (LAT, GRK, SKT) beyond the 3rd semester.
- One course in Ancient History from the listings in CLS.
- One introductory course in the material cultures or archaeologies of the ancient world from the listings in ARCH or CLS.
- Two other courses on the ancient world chosen in consultation with the student's Ancient World Studies minor advisor, at least one of which must be 100-level.