Declaring a Major

For Classical Studies, Greek, Latin, Greek & Latin or Archaeology

Step 1

Any full-time member of the department can serve as your advisor. Try to meet as many of us as possible to talk about your own goals and expectations. Then select as an advisor the faculty member who seems most attuned to your interests.

Once you have selected your faculty advisor, follow these easy steps to declare your new major.

Step 2

After you have selected a full-time faculty member who agrees to be your major advisor fill out the Declaration of Major form.

Step 3

After your advisor approves your declaration of major form, it will be routed to Student Services for processing.

Double Majors

Follow the same process as above but make sure both of your major departments have copies of your form and/or file.

Any full-time member of the Classical Studies faculty can act as advisor for those declaring a major in Classical Studies, Greek, Latin or Greek & Latin.

Any full-time member of the Archaeology faculty can act as advisor for majors in Archaeology.