BA in Greek
The Greek major focuses on the Greek-speaking cultures of antiquity and the middle ages. Students read in Greek while also taking background courses given in English.
Program Requirements and Policies
- 10 courses are required to complete the major.
- No major course may be taken Pass/Fail.
- CLS 31: Invitation to Ancient Greek or GRK 131: Survey of Greek Literature
- CLS 37: History of Ancient Greece
- Four courses in Greek, one of which may be Greek 3, at least three at the 100-level; not including GRK 131 if taken in place of CLS 31, but if a student take both CLS 31 and GRK 131, then GRK 131 can be counted here.
- Four other courses in the department (CLS, LAT, GRK, SKT) of which at least two must be at the 100-level.