This minor offers a study of the Latin language and the cultures that have used it, and still do.
Program Requirements and Policies
- Five courses are required to complete the minor.
- No more than two of these courses may be used for any other degree requirement.
- Students planning a minor in Latin should declare a proposed minor as early as possible.
The Minor in Latin consists of five courses distributed as follows:
- Four courses in Latin beyond Latin 3 of which at least two must be 100 level.
- Classics 32: Roman Literature: Texts and Contexts or Classics 38: History of Ancient Rome or a 100-level course in Roman history, literature, or archaeology.