MS in Physics
Program Requirements and Policies
- 8 graduate-level courses are required for the MS in Physics.
- All elective courses must be approved in advance by the student's advisory committee.
- Any exceptions or substitutions must be approved by the student's advisory committee.
- Additionally, Graduate TA should register on SIS for PHY 405 (counting as 3 credits); Graduate RA should register on SIS for PHY 406 (counting as 3 credits).
8 graduate-level courses:
- Five core courses in Physics
- PHY 131 - Advanced Classical Mechanics
- PHY 145 - Classical Electromagnetic Theory I
- PHY 146 - Classical Electromagnetic Theory II
- PHY 163 - Quantum Theory I
- PHY 164 - Quantum Theory II
- Three elective courses in Physics and/or related fields
- Writing and defending a master's thesis may be counted as the equivalent of up to three elective courses.